Every now and then I find myself wishing for a little cold. Something not too serious, but which would allow me to lie on the couch a few days and take a break from life. Then when I actually get sick (both Dan and I have colds right now) I regret having ever felt that way. Being sick is annoying for so many reasons:
-Life becomes all about you and restoring yourself to health
-Small, smoky apartments are not pleasant places to spend the day, and the day after that
-You still have to go back and catch up on the work you missed
-It's hard to sleep
-Food is tasteless and unenjoyable
Anyway, the one good thing about getting sick right now, is that there is enough time to recover before moving into our house (Thursday the 30th is move-in date)! Dan and I have been trying to make good use of our sick time by making all the 1-800 phone calls to change our address, filing mail, and today we read through all of the local voting issues for this upcoming election! We have also watched a sick amount a SNL political sketches and Onion videos online. For those who know we don't get internet here, our computer has picked up a network from some neighbor who does not have password blocking...woohoo!
I hope you all are staying healthy - drink orange juice, get your flu shot, and enjoy your food today! Oh, and if you do get sick, I highly recommend drinking hot whiskey with honey, lemon, and water before bed.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
hope you and dan are recovering from your colds. get lots of rest. sometimes it can be nice to have an excuse to just lie around all day! so excited for you guys to move into your house. i look forward to seeing pictures of how you guys have set it all up!
Hot whiskey eh? That's what I'm talking about.
Thanks for the hot whiskey advice!! :) Hope you guys are on the mend!
Post a Comment