But of course the most special thing for me (Dan) involved my facial hair (stop laughing Krista!). I challenged the Youth Groups to raise 400 nonperishable items for Souper Bowl Sunday (look it up). I handed this to them in writing:
I, Pastor Dan, hereby pledge that, if the Presby Youth Groups, through their own enthusiastic endeavors, collect over 400 cans of food by the beginning of the Ski Retreat, Friday January 23rd 2009, I will shave my beard into whatever tacky and awkward (though appropriate) pattern the Youth Groups request and will wear said facial hair to all three church services on February 1st, 2009, Souper Bowl Sunday.
They raised 700 cans. Thus...

They had Dark Knight on the mind (Two Face).
The Ski Retreat that we took the Youth on was a huge success - as was the shaving incident. But this has been a mixed blessing. I am still not technically the Youth Pastor and we are still planning on searching for one. I have gotten myself in much too deep with these kids and I am worried how we are going to transition into new, part-time leadership.
I head off to Mexico on Saturday - I'll post some pictures when I return!
3 comments:
dude, our gym was the same way with the sudden crowding in january! one of the people we've come to know who works there says to us, "it's new years resolutions. give it a few weeks. they'll all be gone again."
i love the facial hair.
and glad to hear you are getting more socializing time!
Looking good Dan!! Glad things are better on the socializing front. It is hard being away from the built in friendships and parties that we had at CRW!!
But how long will you have to keep it that way? Did you promise them anything in that regard?
Post a Comment