Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Adoption

As I walked up to my backdoor today, I was greeted by the site of a mouse head. Beside the head was a small part of intestine. It was surprisingly neat, laid right in front of the door upon the mat I would normally use to wipe my shoes.

For awhile now, a large, orange cat has adopted our house. We see it's little paw prints in the snow every morning. Sometimes it's on our portch, running away from us. I think the gift of the mouse-head clearly shows that the cat now believes we are it's family, which is pretty amazing, since we don't leave it food...yet.

While orange cat was busy today, I was listening to the inuaguration speech with my class on our barely working radio. All my students burst into applause at it's conclusion. In this section of uber-conservative Ohio, I was somehow able to celebrate our 44th president's transition into power with his biggest Hamilton fans: 7 year olds.

Speaking of mice, I am getting ready to see the Tale of Despereaux tonight with Dan. If any of you have neglected to read the book, you must move it up your list and read it with someone you love.

No comments: