Monday, December 22, 2008

Life update

Here is a general update of our life recently and in the near future:

I (Dan) have been sick for almost two weeks. Just as I was recovering from a wicked cold, I got a 24 flu and spent most of Sunday (yesterday) nauseated and generally feeling really bad.

We just had Lisa and Brian Purdy from Memphis stop by on their way up to Michigan! It was so good to see them and have them spend the night. And so good to know we'll see them again next week!

Krista is now on vacation. We slept in this morning, had a big breakfast and she is currently sitting in the coffee shop enjoying a warm beverage on this cold day. Mmm. Her last week of school went well - the kids were very hyped up because of Christmas and two weeks of indoor recess (anything under 30 degrees is too cold - what a bunch of wussies!). But she finished out great and has two weeks ahead of her to relax and plan ahead.

We feel ambivalent about this Christmas. Working at a church that has an 11pm Christmas Eve service is an exciting opportunity. But it will be strange and sad to not be with family on Christmas day. On the other hand, it will be fun to have a few days to ourselves to relax and celebrate by doing a whole lot of sabbathing.

We will be going to Michigan in between preaching days (I preach the 28th and the 4th). We will see family and friends and are looking forward to that!

Most of all, we are so thankful to have two weeks that will be slow and low on responsibilities. We are going to soak up every minute of it.

3 comments:

Alisa said...

Under 30? Hannah's preschool teacher told me that it had to be in the negative degrees before she would keep in the preschool kids... Poor Krista, recess is a life saver! Enjoy the break!

Kenny said...

Dan,
Sorry to hear that you have been under the weather. The Rigoulots can relate. Jennifer missed every Sunday of Advent because Brayden had Pink Eye and then an Ear Infection, Kennan had Pink Eye and Strep Throat, and Jen had Pink Eye. I haven't gotten sick... yet. My pessimistic side says it will happen on Christmas Eve - when I have two services to do! How'd you end up with both the 28 and the 4? Sounds like the Sr. Pastor is slacking! Merry Christmas Yall!

The Kaemingk's said...

Oh, we miss you guys. I hope your Christmas at home was restful and a good bonding time for the two of you! We love you.