Sunday, June 15, 2008

The Results

We had a great time at the race this morning. It was at a great county park nearby. We're glad that we got to return before we move - we've had good times reading by the lakeside and watching the powerful rhythm of the crew teams skimming past.

Today I was the one trying to fly past everyone. It was muggy and humidity is my arch-nemesis when running. But the atmosphere was wonderful and the competition was great. I held with the front pack through the first mile and a half and then felt suddenly sapped. I struggled to hang on to a racing pace. I still managed to come in around 10th and finish in 18:30. This was not the time I had hoped for, but considering the weather I was very pleased with my performance! I am grateful that I can participate and compete like that - I remember what a fine line it can be for fragile human beings between athletics and crutches. Praise God for health.
Krista did a fabulous job cheering and encouraging. She took some good pictures, too.



Can you find Dan?




Dan getting out-kicked by a guy with a great beard.

Post-race and very happy to have water!

1 comment:

Eric De Boer said...

Ahh...the Carter running corporation. Sounds like a great time! Reminds of me this day over a year back: http://photos1.blogger.com/blogger/6715/308/1600/Celebration%20of%20Thanks%20205-1.jpg