Monday, June 23, 2008

Trip to Hamilton

Highlights from our trip to Hamilton include:

1. Dan preached and was voted (unanimously!) in as associate pastor

2. Meeting people after the service....it was like being at our wedding reception with tons of people we didn't know

3. Hanging out at the pool, which is where much community bonding and contemplating life happens

4. Krista completed an amazing interview with Hamilton City Schools things should be shaking up soon to hopefully allow for a good teaching job of some kind.

5. Skyline Chili...mmmm...

6. A tour of Cinicnatti

7. We have found our ideal neighborhood and are searching for houses there. It is on the East side, which has a reputation as the "bad" side of town. We are excited to community build there. There are already neighborhoods with socio-economic diversity and racial diversity.

8. Midwest people are really nice. We hugged more people this weekend than we have for a long time and this too was a confirmation that we are ready to move.

9. There is a local coffee shop downtown.

10. We already found a sweet place to run - a bike trail that runs along the river 6 miles.

2 comments:

Valerie said...

I am so excited for you guys! I am thrilled to hear that your move to Hamilton is shaping up to be so loving, community-filled, and just what you are looking for.

jenny said...

Hey! This is TX cousin Jenny, and I wanted to alert you to my blog. Well, blogs. I also have running pictures on them (Bess).
http://sliceofjennyslife.blogspot.com/
this second one is dedicated to a picture a day. I was able to do it in 2007.
http://jennys363.blogspot.com/

I'm looking forward to getting to know you again through the blog. :-)